He has been stung by the likes of Emma Raducanu and Naomi Osaka bailing out of his tournaments at the eleventh hour, but the head of Hong Kong tennis has thrown his weight behind the sport’s controversial jam-packed calendar. Equally, Michael Cheng Ming-git, president of the Hong Kong, China Tennis Association (HKCTA), said the city was getting bang for its buck from hosting ATP and WTA 250 events every year. After a spate of high-profile withdrawals from last week’s Canadian Open, the...
Back to Sports
Sports
August 19, 2026 at 12:00 AM
Hong Kong tennis chief says city getting bang for buck from hosting WTA, ATP events
SCMP Sport